Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 15 check in...

 

Hello Everyone!! I'm sooooo SORRY that it's taken me so long to write a post...well, actually I made a post last week and as soon as I was about click publish EVERYTHING erased -____- lol!!
So let me update you on everything!!

So if you've been reading, or following..esp on instagram...You'll see that I'm counting my days until I hit 90.  I started this 90 day challenge for myself 15 days ago because I wanted to motivate myself all over again with something new...I started my weight loss recordings all over and even started my food diary over with a day 1.  Since I've started my 90 day challenge I've been eating healthy and working out every single day...except one day in the week I have a rest day, so all together I work out 6 days a week.

Recently I've been working out with my friend who's been putting together these insane workouts where we workout for about 3hours and lately we've been burning up to 1,000+ calories in every workout. lol. They're so intense & challenging BUT they're so fun because we literally push ourselves and each other.  When I say intense I MEAN BEYOND INTENSE. Like death type workouts LOL!! but I LOVE THEM!! I love seeing how far I can push my body.. it's beyond amazing to me that your body is stronger than your mind. 
The fact that your physical body can show people how hard you've worked and what kind of diet you eat is beyond mind boggling to me. 








 
 Those are just a couple of gym pictures I take of how much I burn and what type of workouts I invent for myself. lol. I push myself so hard in the gym I love how much stronger I've gotten.

I looked in the mirror one day and honestly couldn't believe how far I've come.  My squats and leg days have DEF worked out for the best of me!! I remember I had NO back side before this transformation process! lol!



My meals have seem to gotten much smaller, I can't eat nearly as much as I used to be able to.  I eat 3 meals a day with a snack in between breakfast and lunch and one in between lunch and dinner.  My snacks are usually any type of fruit or nuts (peanuts mostly).  Here are a couple of my meals that I've taken pictures of...[I post a lot of my meals on instagram on the daily @xxxtinemarie is my name]
 
Here are a couple pics of how breakfast usually looks:
 
This was amazing!! It was banana slices with peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla toasted on a skillet. =peanut butter & banana quesadilla :)






 
So for breakfast I usually have a boiled egg, fruit (I tend to eat a lot of berry type fruits) and some type of carb (I switch between a slice of toast, cup of cereal or 1/2 cup of oatmeal).
 
Here are some pictures of my lunch meals::
 




For lunch I always try to have some type of protein whether it's a boiled egg (I limit myself to 2 boiled eggs a day) or some baked chicken with a side of veggies. 
 
Here are some pictures of dinner: (dinner usually consists of some type of protein and veggies also...if I ever want dessert, its usually a cup of some fruit)
 




 
SNACKS::


 
 
Changing my diet was the number one thing that changed everything!! Also keeping a food diary kept me accountable for myself.  Being able to visually see what I ate on paper kept myself in check and allowed me to see an estimation of how many calories I was eating a day. (I try to keep my intake around 1200-1600)
 
I remember my logic used to be....if I burn enough calories, I can eat whatever I want and maintain my weight....SIKE, I ended up gaining over 30lbs!
 
 
 
 
These are 2 before and after pictures that are so surreal to me every time I look at them... The before picture in both are taken in August of last year and the after pictures are taken during this past week on my way to workout....
At one point other people were my motivation to change my lifestyle, work out and fix my diet.... NOW, I AM my own motivation. I look at myself in the mirror every morning and it keeps me going.  It pushes me to get to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I've lost about 45lbs+ and I'm nowhere near finish....I JUST STARTED!!
 
A lot of people have been asking me different types of questions, but the top question I get is..."What keeps you motivated?"
Honestly...what kept me motivated was myself! I had to honestly believe that I was gonna transform my body.  I would look at before and after pictures for a month straight...sometimes until 4 in the morning.  I researched and read fitness articles every single night before bed.  I planned out what I would eat for the next day every night.  I was so determined that I was tired of starting over and saying "Ok, tomorrow I'll start." I said that for over a year and gained 20lbs. So I made my mind up and decided that I would stick to it this time!
 
I honestly believe if YOU want it, then YOU WILL do anything to get it.  You can't be inconsistent. You can't be lazy. You can't do it for 2 weeks and think you're gonna change overnight...It's a process and you HAVE to fall in love with it!
I did this all by MYSELF, NO shakes, NO corsets, NO quick/crash diets, and NO gym in the first 3 months....It was ALL will power and DEDICATION.

I usually go to bootcamp every Sunday but today I took a well needed rest day and I KNOW tomorrow is gonna be another CRAZY, INSANE, DEATH workout so I'm resting up for it.
 
 
I hope this post gives you guys some insight on how I've been keeping up with my goals, fitness and lifestyle changes.  I don't consider myself on a diet, I just eat according to my goals and what I honestly want to eat.  I'm beyond happy with the results I have gotten throughout this process and I fall in love with the process more and more EVERY SINGLE DAY!! :)
 
 
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment